Happy Heart’s Day!!!
Just because every romantic couples are celebrating and declaring LOVE on this day doesn’t mean that as a SINGLE person, you are left out and you need to make a “drama” out of it.
This blog is not about love, it’s not even about the kind of guy one dreams of. It’s not about romance either. It’s about WAITING. To keep this short and direct, I just want to share what to do while you wait. Waiting for God’s Best partner in your lifetime.
Ten years ago, I received an exactly the same unique journal from my mentor Nove Tan and my brother Dennis. Both were gifts to me on my birthday. Because I know I just needed one, I gave away the other journal. Prior to receiving the gift, I was able to read one of the popular book during that time, WHEN GOD WRITES YOUR LOVE STORY. It was so heartwarming that it inspired me to write , unknowingly I will be receiving a Journal that suits it.
I’m single, happily single, waiting on God.
What to do while you’re waiting?
1. Pray. Pray for your heart. Pray for your future partner. Pray for patience in waiting.
2. Share your thoughts to God. He knows everything and He sees everything. But it helps to just share it openly.
3. Stay Pure in thoughts and action. Guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life.
4. Live your single life for your future mate — which means you just don’t get into relationships based on your moods or for experience sake. Save your heart, your love and your purity to the man God has for you.
5. Find creative ways to live your life to the fullest as a single person… there’s a thousand lists.
As I wrote the entries in my journal, I don’t have a particular man in mind. Don’t be deceived. I wrote them merely as thoughts to my future husband whoever he may be. For ten years and counting, I put entries whenever I feel I need to do so. It’s not a habit though, it’s not even a routine. There are more pages to fill in. The Journal serves as my waiting season of how God is speaking and working during my season of waiting, even if it means waiting for more years. It is meant to be given to the “One” in God’s perfect time.
In your time of waiting, God will strengthen your heart. Let it not be an “enduring” season but rather an “enjoying” season. It will make all the difference — until one day, you will finally say, “IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!”
Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart.
1 Corinthians 2:9
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
no human mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love Him.